1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
All short order stations have ingredient information available online.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
All areas have ingredient information available online.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
Deli and Grill stations have cross contact procedures in place.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
Food items are safely stored. Staff is trained on avoiding cross-contact with food allergens. During food preparation, procedures are in place to prevent cross-contact. Students may request self-serve items from back-up containers and for food to be cooked separately in clean pan. Labeled foods indicate the top 8 allergens. Full ingredient information is available online. Kitchens and serving areas are kept clean.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
Students may email the Chef or Manager at the specific dining hall to pre-order meals.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
All outside food is banned from the allergy-friendly space, called the A+ Room. Dining staff stocks the A+ Room with a variety of foods such as gluten-free, dairy free, egg free, and nut free products. All items are in original manufacturer packaging, or labeled to list any allergens. All foods are individual self-serve items. Also available are gluten free mac & cheese, gluten free pasta with marinara, and allergen free chicken breasts, each cooked by our Chef, labeled and wrapped, and put in the refrigerator in the A+ Room. A dietetic student worker bakes a gluten-free item about once each week. The A+ Room is only accessible to students with a food allergy or special diet, and need key card access to enter. The A+ Room has a toaster, refrigerator, freezer, microwave, pizza cooker and a toaster oven.
7. We train dining services staff members.
Food allergies and celiac; avoiding cross-contact; special meal preparation; anaphylaxis; emergency response;
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
Students work with Housing & Residence Life staff to communicate their food allergies, if staff is not already aware.
Housing & Residence Life staff wants to create an inclusive environment through programming and this includes providing food options for all that may have a food allergy or diet restriction.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
OLR online form: "Initial Accommodation Request" http://udayton.edu/ltc/learningresources/onlineforms/index.php
Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions or concerns(937-229-2066) or email@example.com
See what health services we offer >
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
See what our emergency response policy allows for >