Bakersfield CollegeNot Verified
Dining services has three locations -- The Huddle: Offeing an assortment of beverages, sodas, energy drinks, water, chips, pastries, ready-made sandwiches, salads, hot soups, fruit, and snacks. Breakfast, consisting of breakfast burritos, oatmeal with choice of toppings, yogurt parfaits, and more is served every morning, and a hot lunch special is served daily. The Renegade Room Restaurant is a fine-dining public restaurant operated by the students enrolled in the Foods and Nutrition Program. Vendor trucks -- Gades Grill and Banderas -- are on campus several days a week. They are located south of the cafeteria between the Gym Huddle and Forum.
1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
Limited (mostly packaged and pre-prepared) food is offered on this non-residential campus.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
The college does not provide housing for students at this time, so there is no resident life programing.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
The college does not provide housing for students at this time, but hopes to we hope to assist students. The Office of Student Life understands that in order for students to be academically successful, their basic needs must be met (Maslow, 1943). Student Housing Services helps and supports BC students in a magnitude of ways. Some students may prefer to live with families, rent a room, apartment, or house. Whatever the option a student chooses, the goal of Student Housing Services is to assist BC students in locating some potential living accommodations. Student Housing Services is also designed to help students meet this need and to provide opportunities to develop life skills through workshops, financial management, connections to resources, and hands-on practical tips and advice Student Housing Services will augment this with support, guidance, and educational services.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
Disabled Student Programs & Services assists the college in providing equal access to educational opportunities for students with disabilities and provides reasonable accommodations to students with documented physical, mental health, and learning disabilities who are enrolled in classes through Bakersfield College. The department provides accommodations and support services intended to prepare and support students to participate on an equal basis with their non-disabled peers. For college material in alternate format, contact Disabled Student Programs & Services. Bakersfield College will make reasonable accommodations and/or academic adjustments to ensure that students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate in the college’s courses, programs and activities, including extracurricular activities.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
See what health services we offer >
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.