1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
All of our stations
We have one entrée daily for lunch and dinner in a station Called "Simple Servings" which is free of all top 8 allergies.
We also have a Gluten-Free and top 8 allergy free station called "My Zone" which is a bread/bagel/waffle/snack station.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
All of our self serve stations have the top 8 allergies listed on the menu items.
We strive to make sure all students are accommodated within the Dining Commons. We are meticulous with our menu planning and deployment so all students can have an abundant amount of choices with each meal. We are happy to meet with any student with any allergies to introduce them to our program and to make them feel welcome and comfortable dining with us.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
We have a strict back of house policy where prepping/ and cooking ingredients for our Simple Serving station is done with the top 8 allergies in mind. We prep and cook in a separate area for this station to reduce the chance of any cross contact. With our other stations we use fresh clean and sanitized prep and cooking area's for each item that we create to limit cross contact. Our staff follows our recipes and the ingredients are available online or can be asked for when dining with us. As with the salad bar we replace our service ware as often as possible and encourage customers to use a clean plate each time they visit the bar.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
We call it a Sack Lunch and the first week of a semester the students can come to the Dining Commons and request a Sack Lunch that will be prepared for them on a fixed schedule for the semester. If there are any Allergies we will have you meet with one of our Supervisors to discuss in detail.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
We have 2 stations that are free of the above allergens called "My Zone" and "Simple Servings." My Zone is a Bar of Breads/ Bagels and pastries.
7. We train dining services staff members.
Food Allergy 101, cross contact, types of allergies, recognizing anaphylaxis, emergency procedure, labels and signs posted.
We train all of our staff about allergies and the importance of preventing cross contact. All of our Supervisors, Chefs and Managers take an approved Allergy course every 2 years.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
Please contact Resident life and inform them of your allergies and what program you will be attending.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
Housing, Residential Life and Westmont Dining Commons.
They can submit directly to the departments listed above
See what health services we offer >
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
See what our emergency response policy allows for >
We have a Fire station located down the street at 2300 Sycamore Canyon Rd, Santa Barbara CA 93108.