All menu items created in all our dining halls have full ingredients listed online. On items served have identifiers with nutritional information as well as some allergy identifiers.
We keep all labels on hand and any guest may ask to see any individual nutritional and ingredient lists. We specifically have created on online ordering for our allergy students for our all-you-care-to-eat where they can have a choice of hot entrees and sides cooked to their specific allergy or dietary restrictions. with over 200 students on our allergy contact list, we have been able to provide safe and nutritious food for a variety off allergies outside just the top 8.
1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
all menu items created at our all-you-care-to-eat and that are self serve have full ingredient lists posted on our dining website, also accessible with our mobile dining app.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
designated color coated cutting boards, utensils, and cookware is kept safely in a sanitized area and cleaned, sanitized, and wrapped between each use.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
a newly created online allergy menu is accessible to students to not only place their orders, but to also choose a pick up time that works best for them as well as leave us any and all further instructions on how to handle their meals.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
Allergies, cross contact, menu labeling, proper and safe food handling, reactions to allergies.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
Catering Director contact information is always shared with the clients hosting events for any food allergies. We have also created an allergy questionare that clients can send out to guests prior to their event.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
See what our emergency response policy allows for >