Allergen and nutrition information can be accessed:
1) at point of service
2) on the dining services website: Homepage (sodexomyway.com)
3) on the Bite by Sodexo Universities menu app available through the Apple Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, search Centenary University (not College).
1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
Students can ask for full ingredients and recipes.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
All staff is trained in minimizing cross-contact in made to order areas including changing of gloves, washing hands, using barriers, and retrieving ingredients from untouched back-up supplies.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
Students can request that a salad be made for them from untouched back up supplies. Precautions to minimize cross-contact are in place.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
Before custom orders can be placed, students must reach out to the Disability Services Office and Campus Dietitian to determine their accommodation needs.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
We will work to remove menu items that contain sesame in the forthcoming year. However, we cannot control food manufacturers or suppliers as they will not need to be compliant in their labeling until Jan. 2023.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
We also use the AllerStar program from Menutrinfo and internal Sodexo food allergen huddle topics for on going training.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
- Emergency response
- Dining options
- Monthly dietitian trainings
- Key Dining personnel
9. We train our RA's.
Students should speak with their RA, RD, and Student Life to discuss safe food options for events
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
- Health Services for medical requests
- Dining Services for food preferences and questions
- Residence Life for housing requests
Reach out to the Disabilities Services Office by phone or email.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
See what health services we offer >
Athletics will carry a supply of EpiPens if the athletes with the allergy give them an extra pen. Additionally they are trained to administer them in an emergency.
While we don't have stock, undesignated epinephrine at this time, we are looking into the viability of having it.
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
- Dining Services team has been trained to recognize anaphylaxis and call emergency responders
- The Health Center has been trained to recognize anaphylaxis, call emergency responders, and administer epinephrine
See what our emergency response policy allows for >