Rochester Institute of TechnologyNot Verified
1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
Gracie's is a peanut and tree nut free (except coconut) facility.
Gracie's Grain Bowl station eliminates 7 major allergens: milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts (except coconut), peanuts, and wheat. The station also eliminates sesame seed. Students with allergies and intolerances may speak with our Registered Dietitian to develop a plan for safe eating on campus.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
In order to keep student safety a top priority, we strive to do the following:
- Ensure all students with severe allergies, severe intolerances, and or require accommodations are documented with the Disability Services Office
- Ensure the student meets with the RIT Dining's Registered Dietitian to develop a plan for safe eating on campus
- Establish a one-on-one relationship between the student and key RIT Dining staff members
- Provide, to the best of our ability, the ingredient and nutrition information on our website through NetNutrition
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.