1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
They all have ingredients available to them by request.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
All of them have them are available by request.
We encourage students to ask the chefs in each station about ingredients in dishes. We will always customize a dish for someone if there is a ingredient in there that they do not wish.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
We have all of our employees take and pass the NYS Serv Safe Certification within one year of service, to ensure they are well equipped to deal with all of the current policies and procedures.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
We have a program where we change out all utensils in the Dining Hall every 90 minutes with a new color to help prevent cross contamination.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
Students can arrange to meet with our Executive Chef and we can customize meals for them based on their individual preferences.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
7. We train dining services staff members.
Cross contamination, flu season, how to assist a customer with allergies and the importance of notifying a Manager is someone is sensitive to food.
We work very hard to provide students with great food and we have students this year from 66 different countries.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
By contacting Dining Services
We will work to accommodate any allergy or special diet.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
Health Services: Patty Bosen: email@example.com
My phone, email or coming in to meet with a Dining Services representative, a Health Services representative or contacting Disability services or Res Life on campus.
See what health services we offer >
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
See what our emergency response policy allows for >