SUNY BrockportNot Verified
1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
The most common food allergens are identified and labeled in menu items served at the dining hall. If you have an allergy to soy, egg, milk, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, or shellfish you will want to avoid foods with that corresponding label. Foods prepared without gluten are labeled “M w/out G” for those with gluten intolerances or allergies. Also, vegetarian and vegan items are labeled as such.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
Purple allergen kits are available in the dining hall kitchen for the preparation of a single portion of allergen-free food. Students may request that an item be prepared using these kits at any time to ensure no cross-contact. Simply ask any member of our team and they will be glad to assist you.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
Gluten Free (GF) Zones are also available in the dining hall and include items such as cereal, bread, deli meat, dessert selection, dedicated GF toaster, refrigerator, and freezer. Some food items are stored in our kitchen to ensure availability for those strictly GF. Please don’t hesitate to ask a manager on duty what is available.
Available at select a la carte locations:
- The Nest offers a variety of gluten free products
- TRAX sells M w/out G pizza, natural cut fries, and chicken tenders
- The Square at the Union offers M w/out G pizza, chicken tenders, French fries, and create-your-own burritos, bowls, and salads with gluten-free and house-made vegan dressing options.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
Submit a registration form, provide eligibility documentation, and schedule an appointment.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.