All made-to-order stations have ingredient information available online and on our mobile app.
1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
Most retail operations and dining halls
Our custom omelette stations can be made with designated purple or red equipment upon request. We also have a purple scoop for Howling Cow ice cream at Talley Market. Students with allergies must always inform their servers if they have an allergy.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
Students needing assistance finding meals that fit their needs should contact Lauren Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to find a solution.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
We have a "worry free station" at each dining hall. Students can get gluten free bread, bagels, muffins, rice milk and other allergy friendly compliments to their meals. The "worry free station" also includes a dedicated gluten free toaster.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
We do institution specific training and unit specific training.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
Basic allergy training, accommodation and sensitivity along with emergency procedures
9. We train our RA's.
work with their RA
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
Dining and housing
Contact Disability services https://dso.dasa.ncsu.edu/ https://dsoapp.oit.ncsu.edu/ClockWork/user/selfregc/default.aspx
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
See what health services we offer >
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
See what our emergency response policy allows for >