1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
All items served in Bostwick Marketplace are clearly labeled via countertop menu signs with icons representing 11 major allergens and indicating whether a dish is gluten friendly, vegan, or vegetarian.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
All items served in Bostwick Marketplace are clearly labeled via countertop menu signs with icons representing 11 major allergens and indicating whether a dish is gluten friendly, vegan or vegetarian.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
Bostwick Marketplace's Honest Eats section offers food for those guests with dietary needs that can't be accommodated through the regular lines. Honest Eats will have daily entrées for lunch and dinner modeled on the main-line entrée eliminating six of the "Big 8" allergens. Some Honest Eats items will contain eggs and fin fish.
- The station will also offer gluten-free pasta and sauce daily as well as a gluten-free grill item and deli sandwich option.
- The station will offer an alternative, gluten-free vegan entree on days when the vegan entree contains gluten.
- This station will also be situated away from the main line to minimize any potential cross-contact.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.