1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
"Simple Servings staff members are carefully trained to avoid cross-contact with food allergens.
While our dining facility is not allergen free, Simple Servings utilizes separate equipment, storage areas, utensils, and preparation areas to minimize the chances of gluten and allergens in our Simple Servings foods."
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
"Our Simple Servings station offers meals prepared without the allergens milk, eggs, wheat, soy, shellfish, peanuts or tree nuts. All foods at this station are also gluten-free. Another feature is our My Zone station which is a gluten-free, peanut and tree-nut free area reserved for people with allergies and other special diet needs."
"All foods offered are also free from gluten containing ingredients. Simple Servings staff members are carefully trained to avoid cross-contact with food allergens. While our dining facility is not allergen free, Simple Servings utilizes separate equipment, storage areas, utensils, and preparation areas to minimize the chances of gluten and allergens in our Simple Servings foods."
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
"we have a 4-year residency requirement mandating all full-time students live on campus and participate in a college meal plan."
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
"if you require a meal plan modification due to a medical need, such as food allergies, Celiac disease, etc. please contact Dolly Singley, Director of Disabilities Services"
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.