Made to order options in Galbreath Dining hall includes: The Chef's Table and Titan Grille. These stations have ingredient information upon request.
Galbreath Dining Hall features our Simple Servings allergen-friendly station. All our main entrees also have allergen information displayed on digital signage with ingredient information available upon request.
Students can indicate while ordering at made-to-order station/grille whether their order is gluten free, and a clean pan will be used. In addition, students can access gluten-free bread and bagels. They can also ask for a sandwich to be made with separate ingredients from storage that have not come in contact with allergen containing ingredients.
1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
In resident dining (Galbreath Dining Hall), self-serve areas include our salad bar, desserts, beverages, cereals, and soup station. Ingredient information for these items is available upon request.
Gluten-Free desserts are labeled with other top 8 allergens.
Nutritional information is available for all of our self-serve items. If students would like separate ingredients (not comingled with other ingredients), they can request them from the salad bar station.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
We run annual food allergy training for all employees which includes way to minimize cross-contact. We also run on the spot allergy training for each area, so that employees at their respective areas are familiar with measures to minimize cross-contact. When fulfilling made to order special requests, we will utilize precautionary procedures such as changing gloves, clean vessels and equipment when cooking special orders, and obtaining food from back-ups in order to prevent cross contact.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
Yes, we do have policies to limit cross-contact at self-serve areas. Students can request separate ingredients from our stock if they are in need of a gluten-free sandwich or an egg-free salad, for example. At this time, prepackages sides are used to help with cross-contact with allergy containing ingredients like croutons.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
If students are determined to have a medical accommodation need, then pre-order of resident dining meals in Galbreath Dining Hall would be arranged between the student, general manager, and dietitian.
*Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered by phone or email.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
We are pleased to offer Sodexo's award-winning Simple Servings station, an allergen and gluten free program in Galbreath Dining Hall an all-you-care-to-eat restaurant.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
Food allergy 101, anaphylaxis, avoiding cross-contact, emergency procedures (general and college specific), college specific policies related to meal plan accommodations, Lesley & Rider Universities settlements, department specific protocols to minimize cross contact.
Our Registered Dietitian is an Allertrain master trainer and helps conduct our annual food allergy training. She also works with staff and managers to provide training for specific food prep and service areas. Our dietitian is also part of a Sodexo Campus food allergy task force to develop guidance for the university market in our company. We also conduct daily allergen topics in conjunction with our daily team huddles.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
We will often provide a variety of foods for students based on dietary restrictions during our programs.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
The Office of Disability Resources works with students and campus partners to address student needs.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
See what health services we offer >
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
See what our emergency response policy allows for >