1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
We have sautee pans that are designated for allergen free request.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
The salad bar is separated between allergens and non-allergens foods.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
Yes, as long as they meet with the dietitian.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
Our Simple Servings station is a kitchen that is dedicated to foods that do not contain the "BIG 8" allergens. These foods are prepared in a separate kitchen and use their own pots, pans, and serving utensils. We have trained servers and cooks which all help reduce the risk of cross contact.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
Resident Life Staff is very sensitive to food allergies, and if staff is aware of the allergy they are happy to make accommodations for the student.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
Submit this application to https://york.accessabilelearning.com/ETSU and from there students will be provided the information for dining accommodation and other accommodations they may need.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
See what health services we offer >
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
See what our emergency response policy allows for >