1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
G8 or by request at any station
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
Salad Bar, Grill, Center Island
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
ACU Dining participates in the Avoiding Gluten? program. This means we offer menu items that have been prepared without gluten-containing ingredients. To identify these items, look for our Avoiding Gluten? Symbol. We offer a variety of gluten-free breads, cereals, toppings, and pancake batter. Students are encouraged to ask for and check ingredient lists for foods they wish to eat. For more information about gluten allergies click here
At The World Famous Bean, we have added in an all allergen-friendly station, The G8 Station. The G8 Station is “ a unique food station that is intended to provide menu options that are prepared without peanuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, eggs, milk, soy, wheat or gluten”. We understand how difficult it can be to find food items safe for consumption when you have food allergies.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
See what health services we offer >
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.