Made to order meals with specific dietary requirements can be pre-ordered through dining registered dietitian Lucas Flaherty https://marquette.sodexomyway.com/explore/nutrition
Please email Lucas with any inquiries.
1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
Salad bar, pizza and pasta, soups, chili bar, vegan and vegetarian bar and station
View all dining menus online. Click on each recipe for nutritionals and allergens. https://marquette.sodexomyway.com/dining-near-me/traditional-dining
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
If your allergens are present at a self-serve station, please allow us to prepare your item, such as salad, in our kitchen from back-up food that has not been exposed to a self-service environment.
It's easy to pre-order a self-serve item to your specifications to avoid the self-serve environment. Discuss specifics with registered dietitian Lucas Flaherty: your allergen may not be used at a specific station.
Procedures in place to ask for back-up ingredients if you do not feel comfortable eating at self-serve locations. ie salad bar.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
Please email Lucas Flaherty, Campus Registered Dietitian for more information.
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
Simple Servings is a served station, open to everyone and featuring wholesome foods that appeal to a broad range of tastes. Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus change daily and include varied protein options, such as fish, beef, pork, chicken, and turkey, as well as gluten-free whole grains and steamed and roasted vegetables. All side dishes are vegan, containing no milk, eggs, or meat products. View today's Simple Servings menu on our website.
Simple Zone is designed for gluten-free, peanut and tree-nut free, as well as dairy free diners. This area will provide students with access to non-allergen ingredients (listed above) as well as some tools to make your experience better.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
Allertrain covers food allergies, celiac disease, recognizing symptoms of a reaction, avoiding cross-contact front and back of house, importance of following recipes and providing accurate allergen information to the customer, and emergency preparedness.
Food Allergy 101 training for all staff. AllerTrain for specific employees including Simple Servings cooks, managers and supervisors.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
This will start Summer of 2018 and will include:
Training done on recognizing food allergies, sensitivities, and cultural/ethnic/religious food needs.
Training on how to direct students to appropriate health professionals.
Training on how to talk with international students about their experiences and concerns.
Training on recognizing symptoms of individuals suffering from an allergic reaction or food intolerance, and how to contact the appropriate medical authorities.
SPARK Training (freshmen orientation sessions throughout summer)
9. We train our RA's.
Contact Sodexo at Marquette University for all nutrition food-related needs.
Sodexo has the ability to make necessary accommodations for students with food allergies, sensitivities, cultural needs, and medical/clinical needs. Contact Sodexo at Marquette University for more information https://marquette.sodexomyway.com/
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
For housing – all inquiries are submitted through the Office of Residence Life webpage and contact information.
Office of Residence Life
For food and meal assistance – all inquiries are submitted to Mike DiBiasi, Registered Dietitian at Sodexo at Marquette University.
Sodexo Nutritional Services – Mike DiBiasi: Registered Dietitian
Office line: 414-288-6365
Each of our dining halls have the ability to accommodate students with a wide range of nutritional needs
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
See what health services we offer >
All students should carry their own auto injectors at all times in case of an emergency.
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
See what our emergency response policy allows for >