1. We provide access to ingredient information for made-to-order* items. *Made-to-order - Meals that are prepared on request and to your specification in the dining hall. Examples include a sandwich station, omelet station, burrito station, etc.
2. We provide access to ingredient information for self-serve* items. *Self-serve - Meals that are served buffet-style in a dining hall. These are typically high risk for cross-contact and are best avoided by diners with food allergies.
Training has occurred for utilization of new pans, cleaning areas, using backup ingredients and glove change with hand wash as the bare minimum for any allergen requests.
3. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in made-to-order areas.
Please feel free to call or email with additional questions. Our staff is highly trained in handling allergen risks. If at any time a student feels cross contamination has occurred - we will gladly create their plate from a fresh vessel of food or cooked to order methodologies.
4. We have procedures in place to lower the risk of cross-contact in self-serve areas.
Please reach out via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (920)748-8332 for all conversations about this topic!
5. We have pre-order meals* available. *Pre-order meals - Custom meals that can be ordered in advance by a diner so they are ready for pick up at a specific time. Typically these can be ordered online or by phone/text.
6. We have an allergy-friendly station*. *Allergy-friendly station - A food station where specific ingredients are banned, typically including many or all items in the Top 8 allergens and gluten.
Cross Contact, Allergen 101, Allertrain topics, What to do when someone mentions allergies, each station's personalized plan of attack for allergens, Chef's info to ask if you don't know, separation of ingredients with allergy focus.
Our dining staff is here solely to make sure life here at Ripon College is safe and enjoyable for all of our customers. The training is rigorous to make sure we are highly educated and retrained often to address any mis-handled situations or changes in policies.
7. We train dining services staff members.
8. We have a registered dietitian* on staff. *Registered dietitian - Registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who are often tasked with helping students with food allergies navigate the dining halls.
9. We train our RA's.
Ask the organizing RA / RD etc to speak to Solon about options that are viable in each scenario.
10. We have inclusive resident life programs* including food. *Inclusive resident life programs - Programs in the resident halls often include food. Inclusive resident life programs will offer students with food allergies the opportunity to request safe food alternatives for events they attend in the dorms.
11. We offer accommodations for roommate assignments. *Every accommodation request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A housing accommodation cannot be guaranteed prior to an individual evaluation.
12. Our disability office processes food allergy and celiac disease accommodation requests.
See what health services we offer >
13. We have stock, undesignated epinephrine* available for emergency response. *Stock, undesignated epinephrine - Epinephrine that is prescribed to a college or university rather than to a particular student. This epinephrine is kept on hand to use for any student that experiences anaphylaxis.
14. Our campus emergency responders carry epinephrine.
See what our emergency response policy allows for >